Compostable Bags 100x150mm - NatureFlex ™
Natureflex Bags ™are made from 100% Compostable film
100% Compostable film 30mu NatureFlex ™ bags
Apply a Compostable Sticker to let your customer know the packaging is Compostable & Biodegradable
Availability: In stock
£11.86 inc VAT
Price for minimum quantity of 100 is £9.88
- Buy 500+ for £35.30 (£0.0706 each) and save 29%
- Buy 1000+ for £60.00 (£0.0600 each) and save 40%
- Buy 2000+ for £109.80 (£0.0549 each) and save 45%
- Buy 5000+ for £249.50 (£0.0499 each) and save 50%
Compostable Gusseted Bags made from 30mu crystal clear NatureFlex ™ which is a 100% home compostable film made from cellulose, derived from sustainable wood pulp. An environmentally friendly choice.
Please note that these bags are made from natural materials and as such are not as strong as Polypropylene bags. It is recommended that you don't put too much weight in them. It is essential that you test your products in them before purchasing and we would be pleased to send free samples.
Features of NatureFlex bags ™
- Food Safe - ideal for confectionery or small bakery items
- Crimp bottom, flat bag with no side gussets (unlinke the others in this range which all have side gussets)
- Heat Sealable
- GM Free
- Home or commerically compostable
NatureFlex ™ Bags - Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if these NatureFlex ™bags end up in landfill?
These bags are designed to be disposed of by composting - either at home or in an industrial composter. The good news is that if they do end up in landfill, they won't release anything environmentally harmful into the soil or environment (including methane).
What happens if these NatureFlex ™ bags end up in the sea?
NatureFlex ™was tested to and passed the ASTM D7081 standard. This standard demands 30% biodegradation in 30 days in seawater, which was achieved.
This standard is currently ‘dormant’ pending future new standards. The film manufacturer believes that NatureFlex's ™ biodegradation in such an environment would be roughly linear (i.e. expect 50% biodegradation in 50 days, etc…) It also fully passes the physical disintegration tests of the standard and also passes the marine-ecotoxicity tests.
Would the film be suitable for washed salad leaves (slightly damp when they go in the bag)?
The film will tend to soften over time. It would be OK for short-term use but we wouldn’t recommend it for longer use eg: supermarket bagged salad leaves…
|Made in the UK||Yes|
- Food Safe
- Easy to fill
- Heat Sealable
- Crystal Clear
- Home or commercially compostable
- Certified to the European (EN13432) norm for Industrially compostable packaging
- Also certified by Vincotte to the OK Compost Home standard for home composting
- GM Free