Plain Carrier Bags - including Biodegradable
Clear plastic carrier bags
High strength white glossy and clear carrier bags in both standard and heavy duty polythene, some with reinforced handles for added strength. All recyclable and there is a biodegradeable option
- White bags are available in both standard and heavy duty. Clear plastic bags available in standard duty or Biodegradable versions
- The standard duty is 120 gauge and suitable for all general purposes
- The Heavy duty carrier bag is variogauge with 360g at the handle for added strength and 180g at the base and is suitable for heavier items
- Click here for Paper Carrier Bags
£22.31 for 125 As low as: £0.0824
£17.85 for 100 As low as: £0.0924
£17.85 for 100 As low as: £0.0824
Polythene Carrier Bags - Help & Advice
The plastic carrier bags we supply are all square cut bags with cut-out handles and a gusset at the bottom of the bag. We do not supply the very thin (usually striped) bags often used on market stalls.
Standard bags are 120g (30 micron) with a cut out handle that is reinforced with an extra layer.
Heavy Duty bags are 180g (45micron) bags but they are twice as thick in the handle area. All our heavy duty carriers are of printable quality.
- What is the smallest quantity that can be printed?
You can get 1,000 carriers printed so long as only 1 colour bag and print is involved. For print involving 2 colours or more the minimum moves quickly up to 5,000.
- How long does printing take?
Once you approve the proof a single colour print will take about 14/21 days. Multi-colour prints take longer.
- What extras are involved in the printing costs?
The extras that most people forget are the printing plates (called stereos). These cost at least £55.00 each, so on a single colour print on one side of a bag this is the only charge. A two colour print on two sides of the bag may involve 4 plates – a cost of £220.00 or more!
- Can I get carriers with rope handles?
Yes, you can - but we do not supply them. Be warned, though, carriers of this type are normally made to order and may suffer a high minimum quantity, and, of-course, they're not cheap.
- Can I get carriers that are smaller than the standard sizes?
Yes. But there is often a high minimum quantity for special sizes.
- If I approve a proof immediately - what is the fastest turnaround on a single colour print for 1,000 carriers?
If everything is done as fast as possible you could get your bags in 2 weeks. This is, however, the exception - not the rule!
- Can you reproduce a photograph on a carrier bag?
Sorry, we cannot. The kind of printing we use cannot cope with half tones or even very close register.