About Transpack Ltd
Transpack Ltd - Packaging Supplies
We are a long established medium sized packaging and polythene supplier - we have recently celebrated our 60th anniversary. We are based in Totton, Southampton - right on the edge of the New Forest.
Transpack started life as Transatlantic Plastics in 1953 in a single room shop in Fulham Palace Rd, London, selling small quantities of Polythene bags with, or so the story goes, a shoe box for a till.
By the late 60's and early 70's Transatlantic Plastics had become one of the largest suppliers of polythene bags, secondary double glazing, and gardening & DIY products in the South of England. We were supplying such companies as the Forestry Commission, various Police Forces, many Hospitals & even British Airways with front wheel covers for the Concorde. We also had a manufacturing & special fabrications plant at Ventnor on the Isle of Wight and 18 retail shops in total.
In 1977 Transatlantic Plastics supplied many miles of red, white & blue polythene for flags & bunting for the Queens Silver Jubilee. In the early 80's we added two more shops in the South & two more in the Midlands with a large warehouse at Daventry, we also had a regular stand at the Chelsea Flower Show.
The majority of the retail shops closed and Transatlantic Plastics eventually evolved into Transpack Ltd expanding its ranges into Packaging & Gift Packaging products that you see on the current Website today.
What We Do Now
- We supply packaging materials to small Businesses, blue-chip companies and individual customers alike
- We work predominantly (although not wholly) with UK based manufacturers which means we can despatch large orders to you quickly
- We can offer advice on packaging solutions to suit your business
- We are always on the lookout for new ideas and products which we can offer to our customers
- We'll provide you with as much information as we can - we have recently invested in a new website with improved features to do just that
- We also use the latest systems and technology to make sure the ordering process is as simple as possible. Recent investment in a new ordering and stock control system has made your experience even better
How We Do It
- We stock high quality products in large volumes - and we don't like to let our customers down. On average 99% of our products are in stock at one time
- We deliver our products to you as quickly as possible. At the lastest count 95% of orders were arriving the next day
- We offer good advice, even if it means we can't help you. We'll always be honest
- We have a friendly team who are easy to reach
- We use reliable courier services. This means that your goods are trackable. Deliveries sent with DPD will be allocated a one hour time slot - so you won't have to wait in all day
- We are great at communcating - you will know when your order has been received, when it has been despatched and if there are any issues with that order
- If you made a mistake with your order we will help you put it right - returns and refunds are easily arranged
- We listen to our customers and welcome your feedback - have a look at our testimonials to see what our customers think of our service